I would consider myself a seasoned traveler [if the number of flights in the past two weeks [I think the # is somewhere around 6?] is any indication, I’ve spent most of my time on planes]. As I packed my luggage and travel bags a few days ago after returning home, I thought I would share with you my travel or die – the things that come to me no matter where i’m going. Some of these are surreal – looking at you, ibuprofen, and some are simple things that make my time more enjoyable. [hello, pillow spray]. No matter where I go, these MVPs will be with me! Let’s meet the tour lineup, shall we?
- Mossio Hanging Toiletry Bag – I’m telling you, this makeup bag is awesome. I’ve owned mine for many years [I use it every single day as it houses all of my makeup] and it goes on every trip with me. It contained everything I needed, hung on the hotel door if needed, and remained in perfect condition. Wherever I go, it comes. Oh, the places it is seen!
2. Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes – I’ve been a Wet Ones fan since before COVID. You never know when you’ll wish you had something to clean your hands with [or your spills – I am a master wine spiller on airplanes] so always having a pack or two of these is very important to me.
3. Liquid IV Hydration Multiplier – I always have a few of these in my travel bag. Whether it’s after a fun night out or if you’re unfortunate enough to have an upset stomach while on the go, these packs are a great way to stay hydrated and feel your best on the go. I just mix mine in a water bottle and that’s it!
4. Passport Case – I only use this now when traveling internationally and while it’s not a ‘must’ it makes it a lot easier to find my dark passport in bottom of the bag when it is in this bright yellow compartment. Plus, it just makes me happy.
5. It Ends with Us: A Novel – I can’t leave home without a good book. Now, whether or not I actually read the aforementioned book during my travels is another story, but on the rare occasions I do read, I’m always glad I got one.
6. Apple iPad 10.9 inch 2022 – Why can’t I read the book you asked for? Because of this guy right here. This is how I entertain myself on every flight I take. Thanks to Netflix and Amazon Prime, I download any show [currently hooked on The Circle] or movies and watch all the long flights about this guy. The battery lasts forever and the screen is big enough [yet small enough] to give me maximum viewing pleasure on the plane.
7. Amazon Basic Care Ibuprofen Tablet – No explanation needed.
8. Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) – The best of the best wireless earbuds in my opinion. I put these on the minute I got on the plane, turned on my movies and couldn’t hear anything around me [including the loud engines].
9. Travel Cable Organizer Bag – Although I have not personally used this yet, I just bought it thanks to Steph in the team who recommended it and will be using it from now on. It stores ALL your cords in a neat little place and takes up almost zero space in your pocket!
10. IceFlow Flip Straw Cup – I always carry a reusable water cup with me to avoid paying for bottled water at the airport. Nowadays, all airports have water filling stations and this IceFlow is my favorite for not filling my bag!
11. Notepad – You never know when you’ll have a creative idea while you’re in the air [or need to make your Christmas shopping list, etc] so I always make sure to always have one of our cute notebooks in my travel bag with a pen!
12. Etekcity Digital Luggage Scales – If you don’t own one of these, stop what you’re doing now and buy one. That’s the best return on investment you’ll earn while traveling. For as little as $12, you can know in advance whether your luggage is overweight, saving you the shame of crawling across the airport check-in floor and the money of having to pay an extra $100 due to a baggage claim. overweight 8 lbs [been there, done that]. Don’t forget: Throw it in your pocket on the way home!
13. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser Facial Wipes – These are my favorite face wipes that really get rid of all the dirt on my face and don’t leave my skin drier than a desert. They are convenient to use when traveling and are super moisturizing, helping you fight off that jet air!
14. Luka Duffel – God, I love this bag. If you’re looking for a personal carry-on bag that can hold a LOT of stuff, this is it. It slides on our luggage, is easy to clean on the outside, has various compartments [including a spot for your shoes], and lots of little pockets to keep everything! This person is the winner [and yes, she fits underneath the seat]!
15. Terrazzo 2-Piece Luggage Set – Calpak Luggage is the best I’ve ever used. I own two sets and that’s all I use – the wheels roll super easily and even though it suffers from constant knocks, it still looks good. Bonus: Their different designs make them easy to spot while waiting to pick up your luggage!
16. Deep Sleep Pillow Spray – I always want wherever I travel to feel as cozy as possible and as home-like as possible. Pillow spray helps with that. Just spray a little on your pillowcases and sheets and you’ll feel like you’re in your favorite spa, no matter where you lay your head that night.
17. Set of 5 Packed Blocks – Another must-have. I have been using packing blocks for several years now [see more about how I use them here]. They organize everything neatly so that when I get to where I’m going, I can store my clothes in just a few minutes!
18. Ginger Breath Mint – Last but not least, another “medicine” that I like to keep in my arsenal, these are great for nausea or motion sickness. Traveling days can take a long time, so having these boys on hand for myself or to cook for others is a huge lifesaver!
What do you always travel with?! See more of my lists in the list below!
LIY founder and creator, Erin turned her dream of a hobby blog into a full-time job that she now runs with the LIY team! When not in front of her computer screen [with a La Croix or wine in hand] or in front of a mirror taking a selfie in front of a mirror, you can see Erin spending time on the water, cuddling with her two kids and her husband most likely watching the latest episode of Shark Tank or getting lost in a readable beach.