The holidays are fast approaching, and who has time to think of gifts for everyone? That’s why we have you; Shade room sharing this Vacation 2022 Gift Guide with many reasonable and thoughtful options.
Whether you’re on the hunt for your best friend, mom, or sibling, our guide will be the one stop you need to find inexpensive and meaningful gifts. We even have direct recommendations from TSR staff and TSR SHOP. Stage = Stage!
Scroll down and enjoy links to some of our favorite gift ideas this year.
Shade room Top Pick (Black-owned businesses)
Shade roomultiple sclerosis Editor’s Pick
If you hate wasting time and money, we feel you! Here are some gift ideas that our TSR staff believe your family and friends will actually use.
Thembi Mawema (Director of TSR, Social Media), Voova Small Jewelry Box/Organizer: This jewelry box/case is a travel must-have if you’re a jewelry girl! It keeps your rings, necklaces, and things organized, tangle-free, and easy to carry when you’re on the go.
Aiesha Letman (Editing Manager), Olaplex No.7 Bonding Oil: I try to get as many people using this conditioner as possible, especially if they use heat on their hair. It also makes hair naturally soft, shiny and manageable. It’s worth 30 dollars.
Taylor Bickham (Director of Social Content, TSR Teens), Custom Name Neon Sign: At $79, this neon sign is the perfect gift for content creators looking to make a name for themselves in the digital space. It can be hung in a bedroom or dorm, ideal for any college or high school student.
Tee (Sr. Social Media Editor), JBL Clip Bluetooth Speaker: The holiday season is here and when you’re traveling from house to house, we all know the party won’t stop. For $45, this lightweight JBL speaker will keep functions loud and bright!!
Alisha Seller (Social Media Content Producer), Gucci 4 pieces. Perfume Set: For those on a budget, this is a great gift set for any woman who loves fragrance. You can’t go wrong with a luxurious perfume!
jade white face (Social media content producer), Pay someone’s bill on vacation (no link for that): Times are tough for a lot of people, so I’m sure having someone help by paying the holiday bill will help put a smile on the face of someone who is receiving relief.
Cassandra Santiago (Editor), Self-love Affirmations Deck: Love Affirmations Deck from SaySoSoul got me through a lot of bad days! Everyone deserves a reminder of their greatness by their side and I keep these ON ME!
Brianne Deville (Deputy Editor of Social Media), Deep Tissue Massager: The day I received this muscle massager was one of the best days of my fitness journey. It’s also great for overall stress relief and helps you take care of yourself when needed!
La’Janee Alford (Social Media Content Producer), Paula’s Choice BHA Liquid Exfoliant: Gworl! If you need to remove that dead skin, PUH-LEZE get this item. Liquid exfoliants will give you flawless skin.
Kai Hughes (Social Media Producer), Nano Titanium Ultra Thin Straightening Iron: Divine flat iron, I always recommend. Whether it’s natural or tied, it’s definitely my choice.
Saran Tarawaley (Social Media Content Producer), Newmowa 60 LED High Power LED: This gives your photos the perfect light no matter where you are. It’s a small lamp that fits in your pocket. You can take it anywhere! Do you try to get perfect pictures like IG baddie? This is the best light to invest in.
Nick Fenely (Screenwriter), Hip Hop Vinyl Record Label Coaster: If you need to track down an archive for an OG rap fan, look no further. These fun coasters are made to look like old favorite album covers, so everyone can protect their coffee table in style.
Jadriena Solomon (Sr. Editor), Fenty Skin Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Lotion: didn’t play any games when she created this limited edition Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream. Does it moisturize my skin better than any other product I’ve used? Right. Does it leave me smelling like a rich Biscotti? Right. Will I buy 10 more before the product disappears from the shelves? Right!!!
Maya (Social Media Content Producer), Luxome Luxury Sheet Set: Going to bed is not playing, just staying here is the best! So I’m always on the hunt for high-quality bedding. I highly recommend this plush bamboo bed sheet, they are super soft and cool.
Own black! Gifts to start stuffing your stuff
- Anna & Pookie’s ‘Black Woman’ Cup The air is cold and the drinks are hot, but regular cups are not! So here’s a cup that any Black woman can use to sip AND stunt! And if they happen to be sipping while planning a kid’s birthday party, Anna & Pookie will help them decorate!
- Card Game ‘Hella Black’ (Limited edition) Step up someone’s game with Black Hella! It comes with 140 cards divided into four categories: real chat, dating, sex, and relationships. Just make sure the kids stay out of the adult’s business as Hella Awkward’s card games are 18+. only!
- Regular candle ‘Blacker The Berry’ The holidays are a time when we just can’t keep our loved ones out of our personal space! Help someone in your life prep their space with a regular Ass Candle – delicate scents with unforgettable names. Are from Blacker The Berry arrive fun, There’s a lil’ something for everyone!
- Flat heel shoes Talk about a useful gift! Skip the pain of high heels by stocking a pair of Flat Out Of Heels in your bag. They roll, fold and slide in whenever needed!
- Hyve Life Sunglasses A good deterrent pair is a must any time of year, but also the perfect size to slip on! Entering the range, from square, round and cat-eye frames to patterned designs, tinted lenses and collapsible carrying cases for individual purchase, Hyve Life has something to suit every taste. prefer!
- Keba Butter Pack One thing about winter, it can rip your skin off! Butter by Keba offers body butters, lotions, fragrance oils and bath salts to enhance the self-care experience! And they’ve made holiday gifting easy by combining some of their top products in Set of 3 Lotus Seed Gifts.
- Dungeon Forward’s tactical beanie Got a creativity in your life that just can’t seem to put the pen down? Well, Dungeon Forward has a way to keep their brain water warm while still looking like they’re flying! Check out their tactical beanie that has slots for pens or anything like that–a variety of colors, from basic to neon.
- Flower accessory bar earrings There’s nothing like adding a bit of sauce to your style–and accessories can sometimes make or break a look! Whether it’s representing the hometown, making a statement, or creating a match, the HOA Accessory Bar has the right earrings (or pins).
- Kindred paper greeting cards It’s a holiday for all of us – and Kindred Paper really understands that duty with their boxed set of greeting cards. Add to your socks or add to your gift with one of three designs!
Gifts to get Poppin’ holiday party
- SHADE ROOM EXCLUSIVE! Nice Christmas sweater Sorry, Aunt Monique! It’s promo season and we’re showing off the caps and extending some public love. Skip the ‘ugly’ at sweater parties and rock a statement that’s only available on the TSR Shop. The design of this sweater featuring Blacks-owned products is also available on the TSR Shop!
- Mix’d Roots Alcohol Infusion Kit Drinks get really rich during the holidays, but not everyone knows how to make a good cocktail! That’s where Mix’d Roots comes in with all the ingredients (except alcohol) needed to stir between 8-10 drinks. From spicy margarine to fruity sangria, this is the perfect gift to light up any gift.
- Blackity Black Card Game It’s not spades, but these card games will have light-like functions! Are there some musical heads in your circle? See who takes the crown Heard it all beforecollection of sample songs from 70s soul to hip-hop classics. Quit the tiring drinking games and join with Po’ Up–a card game that makes you feel like home all year long!
- Eat better Cheddar Dip without restrictions Make sure your vegans have something to snack on for the holidays with Eat UNrestricted. Their vegan cheese dip comes in flavors like original, chipotle, and garlic. Yum on ’em one by one or deal with all three in the pack.
- Yoro carbonated water In between the hollas card game and the vegan cheddar dip, everyone will need some water! Keep your thirst quenched with 24 packs of Yoro’s sparkling tropical flavor H20.
- Kahawa 1893 Coffee & Tea Plan ahead for the downside of carbonated eggnog, fun cocktails, and endless shots! Shake off the hangover with coffee or tea from Kahawa 1893!
Gifts for your Bougies
- Terminal B candle: Give the gift of a spiritual getaway with award-winning scents from Terminal B. Inspired by global travel, its candles take you from the smell of tobacco & smoked leather to smell of lavender and eucalyptus!
- Vashti Wax Melted: Not a candle fan? Join Vashti, a company that sells bougie melted wax that crumbles in jars! From fruity to floral and neutral, Vashti offers a wide range of scents of the highest standard. Pair their wax warmer with a bunch of their established shards for the ultimate bougie experience!
- Dirl Noir’s beard: It’s November No Shave, and the boys need to take care of themselves too! Treat a man (or yourself) to Auntie’s Noir Beard for all the upcoming holiday movies.
- RVL Wellness Co.’s mini quiz: Want to help a black woman feel “see, reduce stress and practice mindfulness?” Get her artwork started as a little RVL Wellness quiz! The pieces give Black Girl Magic, team goals, and even self-care energy!
- PRSVR crystal key ring: Scream: you bougie in the Benz or the Honda! Add sparkle to the jingle and upgrade everyone’s keys with PRSVR’s crystal key links.
- Misfits Cultural Pillow: People who like to stand out often bring that to their space. Add to their contact with Kultured Misfits’ never fit in pillow. As for the bed, the couch—and the guests to take note!
- Diamond’s Self Care Body Care Kit: Issa Tropical Vacation with Diamond’s Island Breeze Self-Care Kit. Give the gift of relaxation with an organic massage and exfoliating soap, followed by a scrub with body oil and avocado. We will take TWO!
Gifts to keep the ashes away this winter
Atticus X Flourysh Skin Care System
Let’s start the new year with a skin care system that moisturizes and protects! The Atticus X Flourysh set includes a mineral cleanser, moisturizer, and night cream. Best for oily skin or skin prone to hyperpigmentation or scarring.
My father’s beard oil
Smells good, feels good, and shines better! My Beard Daddy’s Oil is for the friend who is still trying to grow a beard and who is known for their beard!
Lip Balm Set
Don’t get lost under the mistletoe this season! Keep them hydrated all winter long with Kyvan’s 6-piece lip balm set.