This is the current situation on Thursday, October 27.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that the Ukrainian army is resisting continuous attacks near the two eastern towns of Avdiivka and Bakhmut in the Donbas region, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said, describing Russia’s tactics as “crazy” as the war in Ukraine dragged on. a ninth month of fighting.
- Zelenskyy promise to retake Kherson as his adviser says Russia is digging into “the heaviest battles” there.
- Ukraine’s counterattack against Russian forces in the southern Kherson region is prove more difficult Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said.
- Russia continues to make the case that Ukraine intends detonate a “dirty bomb” with radioactive contamination. Kyiv has denied that. Slovenia said one of the images Russia used to claim Ukraine was planning to detonate a dirty bomb was an old photo of a smoke detector taken in Slovenia.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has follow the exercises of the country’s strategic nuclear forces involved in multiple ballistic and cruise missile launches, in a show of force amid rising tensions with the West over the conflict in Ukraine, suggesting the eight-month conflict could be turned into a nucleus.
- UN aid director Martin Griffiths said he was “relatively optimistic” that a UN-brokered deal would allow Ukraine’s resumption of the Black Sea. grain exports will be extended until mid-November.
- State Department spokesman Ned Price said the remains of an American citizen killed in fighting in Ukraine have been identified and released to Ukrainian authorities and will soon be returned to the family of the deceased. this.
- Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the only way to facilitate a peace deal between Russia and Ukraine is to help Kyiv military self-defense.