Prince Harry is reportedly putting pressure on Netflix to postpone the screening of his and Meghan’s still-unconfirmed documentary until after Christmas, so its release favors publication of his memoir is delayed will be released on January 10th.
A source told the British tabloid the Sun: “Harry simply doesn’t want it to come out before Christmas,” adding that “don’t know if a final decision has been made.”
It has long been reported that Netflix’s plans are to stream the Harry and Meghan documentary, which it should note, has yet to be confirmed by Netflix, shortly after its new series. Crown Wednesday dropbut Limit line reported last month that executives at the streaming service were “confused” by the controversy stirred by fictional scenes in Crown and negative portrayal of the queen as a bad father, with critics accusing the company of being insensitive when the queen died just two months ago. (The Daily Beast exclusive disclosure Netflix will not attach a disclaimer to the new series despite such a note before the new series’ trailer.)
Regarding the assumed delay, Limit line cite a source as the saying goes, “They were very upset at Netflix, and they blinked first and decided to postpone the documentary.”
The unconfirmed documents are understood to have been partially filmed at Harry and Meghan’s home in California. Cameras have also tracked the pair in some famous interactions, sparking speculation their philanthropic lives will be the main focus of the film.
While the couple declined to confirm details about the series, which is understood to include multiple episodes, Meghan told an interviewer for Cutwhen asked directly about it: “The part of my life that I can’t share, that people can’t see, is our love story”.
However, Meghan also hinted that she is not entirely satisfied with the final product. Referring to director Liz Garbus, she said: “It’s nice to be able to trust someone with our story – a seasoned director I’ve long admired – even if it could be. Not like we said. But that’s not why we say it. We’re trusting our story to others, and that means it’s coming through their lenses. “
Harry’s Book, Additionalwas originally scheduled to be published this year before being closed to January 2023, so seeking to delay the films’ air dates could be construed as a consequence of that move.
Archewell, Harry and Meghan’s US charity, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.