Pokémon Scarlet & Violet version 1.2.0 is now available, here are the updated patch notes
This is your reminder that the Version 1.2.0 update for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet officially launched on Switch.
After some patch notes published a few weeks ago, Nintendo has now shared the updates. The most notable additions include a number of “newly added features” that we now refer to as the eShop DLC link for Scarlet & Violet.
In addition, there are a number of feature tweaks, bug fixes to Tera Raid Battles and Battles, as well as some “other” changes. Here’s the full summary, thanks to Nintendo’s support page:
Version 1.2.0 (Release February 27, 2023)
Thank you for playing the Pokémon series.
On Monday, February 27, we released version 1.2.0 updates for Nintendo Switch exclusive titles Pokémon Scarlet And Purple Pokémon.
With this update, we’ve added new features, new functionality to the Pokémon Box, and fixed bugs that affected game progress, among other updates. We will continue to take your feedback seriously and take measures to improve your gaming experience.
New features added
- Nintendo eShop page for Area Zero’s Hidden Treasure DLC for Pokémon Scarlet game or Purple Pokémon The game can now be accessed through the main menu. For more details about Area Zero’s Hidden Treasure DLC, please visit The Pokémon Company.
- Coaches can now enjoy Online Competitions and Friendly Competitions in Combat Stadium, and entries are now open for the official Online Competition: Paldea’s Prologue.
- Players can now connect their game to Pokémon GO.
- Additional functionality has been added for Pokémon Boxes:
- From the Pokémon synopsis, players can now change their nicknames, markers, items held, and titles related to the tick or Ribbon, as well as rearrange the order of moves , ask the Pokémon to remember or forget the moves and use the TM.
- Players can now also swap holding items by pressing the Y Button while inside Item is held see.
- Players can now choose all the boxes while moving a Pokémon or item in Party and Box see and Item is held see.
- While inside battle team see, Pokémon in your Box assigned to the Battle Team will now show their icons in a darker color if those Pokémon are members of the currently displayed Battle Team.
- The News screen will be displayed when you connect to the internet from the main menu, just like when connecting to the internet from the Poké Portal.
The Battle of Tera Raid
- A bug that could prevent an enemy Pokémon Tera’s HP bar from visually reflecting damage inflicted by certain moves (such as Play Rough) or damage inflicted at the same time with certain status conditions is applied, causing the HP bar of Pokémon Tera to fluctuate abnormally. This has been remedied.
- A bug that causes all Pokémon on your faction to faint at the same time even though their HP bar shows they still have HP can occur during Black crystal Tera Raid Battles against Pokémon with the Strongest Mark. This has been remedied.
- A temporary bug that prevents players from entering any information into the game can occur if Pokémon Tera performs certain actions while the player is selecting their move target. This has been remedied.
- The error can occur when someone connected to Tera Raid Battle sees a different Pokémon displayed on their screen than what the host sees. This has been remedied.
- A possible bug causes players entering Tera Raid Battles from the Tera Raid Battle search screen to be taken to Tera Raid Battles against Pokémon other than the one they see displayed. This has been remedied.
- A bug that causes Tera Raid Battle crystals to stop appearing for a certain amount of time may occur under certain circumstances. This has been remedied.
- The type of battle against a fainted Pokémon will no longer appear when selecting a move or target in a Duel.
- We fixed a bug where a Zoroark that was Terastallized and disguised as another Pokémon through its Illusion Ability could be identified as a Zoroark using Check target select.
- We fixed a bug where combinations of moves aimed at a Terastallized Zoroark and disguised as another Pokémon through its Illusion Ability would show up based on the type of Pokémon Zoroark was disguised as. into, instead of Zoroark’s Tera Type.
- We fixed a bug where Dondozo’s stats with Tatsugiri in his mouth increased when Dondozo used Order Up when the move should have been negated (e.g. by an opponent using Protect).
- We fixed a bug where Destiny Bond effects could not be activated if a Pokémon Terastallized turns after using Destiny Bond and then faints.
re-link after using Destiny Bond and then fainting, Destiny Bond’s effects will not activate. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- We’ve resolved an issue that caused the game to have a tendency to be forced to close at certain locations. Due to this fix, there may be less Pokémon and humans shown in certain towns or in the wild.
- We fixed a bug where a Pokémon that was not part of the Paldea Pokédex was displayed as registered with the Paldea Pokédex after it was obtained through Affiliate Trading.
- Some actions prevented the protagonist’s expression from changing until the game was closed and reopened. This has been remedied.
- An error occurred for some players after Ranked Match Season 1, where accessing the Ranked Match screen immediately after the season results were calculated caused an error right after players This player gets their reward. After this bug, players can no longer participate in any Ranked Matches. This has been remedied.
- We fixed a bug where players might not receive the Premium Ranked Ribbon if they were signed up for several Battle Teams but hadn’t used the Battle Team in the first place when winning Ranked Battles rank in the Senior Ball Division.
- We fixed a bug where a Pokémon you caught might not listen to your commands according to what’s written in the profile app (“Pokémon caught at Lv. XX or below will listen to your commands”) if that Pokémon Linked Traded back to you from another player.
- We fixed a bug where new information might not be added to your Pokédex after you received a Shiny Pokémon or a Pokémon captured by a Trainer playing in another language through Surprise Trade if you have registered the species it to your Pokédex.
- Objects such as Poké Balls may have been accidentally displayed in certain areas. This has been remedied.
- Passers-by are no longer shown in some of the battles that take place in towns in the main story.
- Several other bug fixes have been made.
You can see the initial pre-release patch notes, in our previous post. And learn more about the DLC in our latest story: