What happens in Vegas, just this once, doesn’t necessarily stay in Vegas, as Niantic has announced that Las Vegas will host the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn live event early next year.
The Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn – Las Vegas event will take place on February 18-19 from 10 a.m. Pacific Time to 6 p.m. Pacific Time at Sunset Park, located just southeast of the course. Harry Reid International. Trainers in attendance will find new Legendary Pokemon accessible through secret codes hidden around the park, a special research story, etc.
The specifics for the Las Vegas event are as follows:
- Increases chance for Shiny Pokemon, including Shiny Jirachi
- The Primordial Reversed Forms of Legendary Pokemon
- The secret code hidden in Sunset Park must be found to have a chance of encountering the Legendary Pokémon.
- A Special Research story, available to ticket purchasers only, allows players to work alongside Team Go Rocket Leaders for the first time.
- Special meet and greet with notable faculty members in the community (names to be announced)
- Player-selected Ruby or Sapphire badge, with the choice to define certain parts of the event
- In-game bonuses, including:
- The distance required to hatch an egg will be halved
- Up to nine additional daily raid cards per day from the Gym
Next weekend, February 25-26, from 10am to 6pm local time, the global version of the Pokemon Go Tour: Hoenn event will be available to all players. A free Special Research story revolving around the Primordial Transformation forms of Groudon and Kyogre will be available during the event, as well as a special Masterwork Research, where trainers can access Shiny Jirachi.
Pokemon Go is available to download for free on iOS and Android devices. Early Bird tickets for Pokemon Go Fest: Hoenn – Las Vegas are available in the app from now until December 31 for $25.
The products discussed here are independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.