Entertainment

‘One chip challenge’ takes TikTokers to hospital, experts warn

Experts are warning social media users about a TikTok The trend is going viral, where participants are subjected to the extremely virulent “One Chip Challenge”, delivering a punch that sends people to the hospital.

The challenge is a constant challenge given by PaquiThe flavored tortilla chip company is behind the viral trend.

New “One Chip Challenge” featuring Carolina Reaper, long considered the hottest pepper in the world

This year’s “One Chip Challenge” featured the infamous Carolina Reaper Chip, long considered the hottest pepper in the world with 1,641,183 Scoville units.

“This year’s high-voltage chip contains supercharged Carolina Reaper pepper and stinging Scorpion pepper with a shocking twist that will turn your tongue GREEN,” the Paqui website reads.

Participants had to eat the whole chip and wait as long as possible before drinking or eating anything that would help quell the fiery taste, and posted their reactions online.

@ angela_b157

#onechipchallenge

♬ Originalton – POV’s

However, health officials and medical experts are calling the trend potentially dangerous after it sent many people to the hospital – including children – in extreme pain.

One TikToker, @angela_b157, posted a now-viral video showing her niece being hospitalized after participating in the challenge, which has garnered nearly 11 million views as of Tuesday.

Viral video shows a young girl hospitalized with severe stomach pain after eating chips for the “$50 bet” challenge

In a follow-up video, the girl can be seen being encouraged by family members and encouraged to eat the chip.

“Oh no,” the girl said after taking a bite and immediately stood up. “Chew it!” Others are heard shouting in the background. “Fifty dollars. Do the rest,” shouted another.

The girl, who has not been identified, can then be seen stomping her feet and shaking her hands as she convulses in pain from the sizzling tortilla chips.

@darlingperlaxoxo

# onechipchallenge2022 #onechipchallenge #paqui #fyp #fy #para #parati #onechipchallengegonewrong #horror #LikeAMonarch #SephoraConcealers #hot #sweaty #fy #thatsme

♬ Originalton – POV’s

“It’s not so bad,” the girl finally replied, but the burn continued to increase over time.

In another video, the girl explains that she was bet $50 by a family member to eat the chip. Although she said it was “not so bad” at first, the burns continued to grow.

The girl was eventually taken to a nearby hospital, where she was prescribed several different medications.

Even with medication, it took her hours to ease her stomach ache.

States, School Districts Nationwide Warn For Harmful “One Chip Challenge”

Now, states and counties across the country are warning parents of the dangerous challenge.

California, Alabama, and Texas have all reported hospitalizations from the chip challenge.

Meanwhile, school districts in states from Georgia to Colorado have warned parents of a worrying trend, with some students being absent from class due to the viral challenge.

KBTX reported that a student in Texas even had a seizure and lost consciousness during class.

Gaylord Lopez of the Georgia Poison Control Center similarly warned parents against allowing their children to eat the chip, claiming it could cause serious harm.


Source link

goznews

Goz News: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably.

Related Articles

Back to top button