Nintendo shares more news on festive Indie games and Switch eShop Shadow Drops on Wednesday
Update #3 [Thu 22nd Dec, 2022 17:30 GMT]: Just like the clock hands, Nintendo went back to scrapping some of the goodness of independence under the tree on day four of Inside the House of Indies.
Again, today’s video (above) shows four new titles, this time spanning rhythmic dreams, fantasy roguelikes, puppets, and cyberpunk volleyball. Here’s what was announced this time:
- melatonin (out now) – A rhythm game about dreams, Melatonin will see you navigate surreal music-based puzzles with cozy ambient vibes. Follow the beat and complete tasks from hitting an alarm clock to operating a picker.
- afterimage (out April 25, 2023) – A fantasy-based roguelike game where you’ll explore mystical environments as a glowing protagonist, slashing enemies as you go.
- Smile for me (end of Spring 2023) – In this “nod and shake adventure” you’ll navigate a scary-looking world, performing its obscure quests. Paper Mario-like residents. This looks surreal and spooky to an equal extent, so get ready to take an eerie ride with this.
- Super Gunsport (launched) – Billed as “Electronic Volleyball with Guns,” this arcade-style game will see you engage in futuristic volleyball while wielding an arsenal of explosive weapons.
We’re getting ready for the final day of events tomorrow and are excited to see what the ultimate indie team will bring!
Update #2 [Wed 21st Dec, 2022 17:05 GMT]: Ho ho ho, we’re back again with Nintendo’s third day at House of Indies, where Big N is spreading the holiday cheer by sharing some brand new indie game news and news about darkness.
Today, we’re getting cozy with potions, pandas, toys, and an adorable little sail. Two drops of darkness and two spring releases are behind today’s calendar, so let’s take a quick look:
- Potion Craft: Alchemy Simulator (end of Spring 2023) – This is exactly what it sounds like, except a little older school. Potion Craft is an alchemy alchemy where you run a shop and craft potions for townspeople. Coming to Switch early next year.
- sound (out now) – A musical puzzle game where you will explore musical ruins with your racoon friend. Launching today on Switch eShop.
- tin heart (out April 20, 2023) – Rogue Sun’s creative Lemmings-style puzzle, beautifully animated and from the many people who brought us Fables. Guide the toy around different locations and stay safe! The game finally had an April release date.
- Sailing (out now) – This adorable sailing simulator hits the eShop today — think Wind Waker but without all the Zelda-ing and you’ve pretty much got it there! We’ve got more details about the game right here.
What will Wednesday bring? Make sure you have a cup of hot cocoa with you for tomorrow’s independence party!
Update [Tue 20th Dec, 2022 17:08 GMT]: Welcome back to House of Indies, readers of Nintendo Life! Nintendo released second video of the weekintroduces several new indie titles that will launch on Switch over the next twelve months.
Today, we have two drops of ball and two 2023 games to share, including a remake of a very popular indie title from a few years ago. Here’s what’s on Nintendo’s list today:
- Gecko Gods (end of 2023) – An adorable puzzle platformer in which you control a small gecko through countless mazes. Just look at the little friend! You can get this next year on Switch, but for now, check it out eShop page.
- Captain (out now) – A narrative adventure game where you will need to earn a lot of money Block effect-like decisions that can affect who lives and who survives in space. Participate in space battles and explore the galaxy for $19.99 on Switch eShop.
- Risk of rain again (end of 2023) – 2013’s hit Roguelike is remade with brand new modes and improvements. Multiplayer has been completely overhauled and will also have brand new survivors to play with. Check out the above games eShop.
- punch (out now) – a new puzzle game from the developer of tourists and Fast RMX where you control a box-punching penguin. You can play alone or punch a friend. Games with a price $14.99 on eShop right now.
Make sure you check back tomorrow for another batch of new indie titles!
Original article [Mon 19th Dec, 2022 17:50 GMT]: Nintendo has announced a new series of indie developer videos for the festival called ‘Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Event’. In the next five days, the company will post a short video on its YouTube channel There are announcements and updates for indie games, starting today with the video above.
Every day until December 23, a new video will appear at 17:00 GMT / 18:00 CEST / 9:00 PT / 12:00 ET. Here is the description from the YouTube video:
Welcome to Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Events – Day 1! Join us from December 19 to December 23 as we will be sharing updates, announcements and more from our independent partners every day. Check out the first batch of indie games below, and be sure to come back tomorrow at 9am PT / 12pm ET for a new video!
As you will see in first videofirst day of news on tactical headlines soft knight (now available on Switch eShop), puzzle storytelling adventure Roman Sands RE:Construction (coming in the summer of 2023), first-person canine photographer Pupperazzi (coming soon ‘Early 2023’) and action RPG Mortal Shell: Complete Version (available now).
We’ve got the fingers crossed that long awaited Sports story will appear in this event. Let us know below if there’s something special you’d like to see.