Interested in learning what’s next for the games industry? Join gaming executives to discuss emerging parts of the industry this October at GamesBeat Summit Next. Sign up today.
Another weird week of 2022 in the pocket. I’m not saying it’s been a bad year, but oof, it was most. What happened this week? Good gracious. A hacker got hold of a video of Rockstar’s game in development and publish it online. Logitech is becoming a competitor to the Steam Deck. And seems it’s time to revisit Cyberpunk 2077? Like I said, a strange week.
The GTA VI leak itself was a bit of a lunacy, but I’m a bit annoyed to see how people criticize it. In case you need to hear it from me: There’s (probably) nothing wrong with Grand Theft Auto VI, based on the footage. The game didn’t look like the game until it had quite a bit of time to release. That’s why game publishers pay third-party filmmakers to make cinematic trailers for games in development. I would be a hypocrite if I dismissed the speculative criticism before launch, but I don’t want anyone to abbreviate GTA VI because they saw a version of it they never meant. intend to see.
The other things that have happened this week feel almost smooth and light in comparison. Logitech’s handheld looks like it has some good guts, and it’ll run Game Pass and GeForce Now in no time. Also, it looks like the Cyberpunk Netflix ad has worked, as thousands of players are returning to the game or trying it out for the first time. I keep hearing that it’s good now, but since my problems with the game are not just bugs and glitches, I don’t want to invest any more time in it.
Personally, I’ll be spending the weekend playing the Slime Rancher 2 early access version. I’ve been waiting for this bright candy, fun simulation game since it was announced last year. I say without shame that I’ve put hundreds of hours into the original, and I want to escape its simpler world again. If someone needs me, I’ll suck up the cheerful, smiling jelly creatures and harvest their droppings for money.
What to play this week
- Back to Monkey Island
- Slime Rancher 2 (Early Access)
- Session: Skate Sim
- Beacon Pines
- Serial cleaning machine
- License Potion
- Gundam Evolution
- The Diofield Chronicles
- Construction Simulator
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival
New on subscription services:
- Deathloop (Xbox Game Pass)
- Hardspace Shipbreaker (Xbox Game Pass)
- Deathloop (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Watch Dogs 2 (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Chicory: A Colorful Tale (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Monster Energy Supercross – Official Video Game 5 (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Rabbids Invasion: Interactive TV Show (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Rayman Legends (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Syphon 2 Filters (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Sly Collection (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Sly Cooper: The Thief in Time (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Bentley’s Hackpack (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Toy Story 3 (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Kingdom of Heaven (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Blind Fate: Edo no Yami (GeForce Now)
- Stones Keeper (GeForce Now)
- Total War: Warhammer (GeForce Now)
- Total War: Warhammer II (GeForce Now)
- Total War: Warhammer III (GeForce Now)
- Shovel Knight Dig (Apple Arcade)
GameBeat’s creed when covering the gaming industry as “where passion meets business.” What does that mean? We want to let you know how important the news is to you – not only as a decision maker at the game studio, but as a game fan. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy its involvement. Explore our summary report.