News

Former Kremlin Aide Abbas Gallyamov Says Russian President Vladimir Putin Could Be Ousted Within ‘Months’


After a series of battlefield losses in Ukraine, pressure is growing in Russia for the Vladimir Putin to call it exit.

According to Abbas Gallamov, Putin’s former speechwriter, he may not be in his role much longer.

“Putin’s image tarnished” Gallyamov told CNN on Thursday. “The next thing that will happen in Russian politics within the next few months, maybe up to half a year, is that the elites will start looking for a successor.”

Gallamov isn’t the only one reading midstream. A group of officials in St.Petersburg and Moscow has started calling for the overthrow of Putin. Some officials have accused Putin of treason by invading Ukraine. Since asking Putin to resign, a court in Russia has ordered dissolution of a city council that wants Putin to step down.

Putin himself has taken a step back from some of his duties in recent days following crushing defeats in southern and northeastern Ukraine, where the Ukrainian armed forces have staged numerous counterattacks, prompting amount Russia has to deal with. Putin canceled a meeting with top military and defense industry representatives to get news of the losses, an adviser said. Putin admitted in Meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping That Thursday China has “concerns” On Russia’s war in Ukraine, a subtle nod suggests that Russia’s key geopolitical partner has some doubts about the course of the war.

Putin’s options for a return on the battlefield remain slim. On Thursday, the Ukrainians liberated Novovorontsovska, Kochubeivska, Vysokopolska and Velykooleksandrivska communities in Beryslav district, said Dmytro Slivchenko, head of the Beryslav District Council. According to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, in recent days, the Ukrainian people have recaptured about 8,000 square kilometers in counter-attack zones. And European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen indicated on Thursday during a visit to Kyiv that the European Union would continue to support Ukraine in the coming days.

“It is extremely important and necessary to provide Ukraine with the military equipment it needs to defend itself. And they’ve proven they can do this, if they’re well equipped,” she speaks.

Putin’s forces, many of which retreated in the face of the onslaught of Ukraine, have been weakened for a while, sabotaging their own equipment. Putin has become desperate he tried to create a new fighting force consisting of “recruited” prisoners. But at this stage, if Putin relies on a broader campaign or draft, the public will revolt, Gallyamov predicts.

“If Putin starts to come up with this national draft, he really faces the risk of riots,” Galyamov said. “The Russians are not ready to wage this war. They are not willing to go and sacrifice their lives, especially at a time when the Ukrainians are advancing and the Russians are retreating.”

“It is not clear whether the loyalists… the National Guard will really suppress those riots like they used to, because now, those National Guards… surely they are no longer loyal, ‘ said Gallyamov.

A Russian politician, head of the Communist Party of Russia, said this week a mobilization will be needed in the coming days to address the serious needs of the conflict.

“Now it is necessary to maximize the force and resources” Gennady Zyuganov said, acknowledging that Putin’s “special” military operation – previously considered limited activity – is actually a war.

“The special military operation… in Ukraine turned into an all-out war,” Zyuganov said. “War and a special operation are different at their core… A war that can’t be ended, even if you want it to: You decide to the end, victory or defeat.”

However, the Kremlin appears to have no intention of taking steps towards mobilizing forces. Kremlin Spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said earlier this week there were no ongoing discussions about full or partial mobilization.

Currently, Russian forces are trying to keep the war going in Ukraine, and have continued missile attacks on civilian infrastructure in recent hours, including in Kryvyi Rih, Nikopol, Hulyaipole and Myrne.

“The enemy continues to focus his efforts on efforts to completely occupy the Donetsk region, keep the captured territories and disrupt the active operations of our troops in certain areas. “, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine said on Thursday.

Pavlo Kyrylenko, head of the Donetsk Regional Military Administration, said Russian missiles in the Donetsk region killed two people and wounded 13 civilians on Wednesday.



Source link

goznews

Goz News: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably.

Related Articles

Back to top button