Six people were injured Saturday morning when heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment collapsed inside the indoor pool area of a Colorado resort, according to Aurora Fire Rescue.
Two of the injured suffered life-threatening injuries, the department said in a news release, without detailing the nature of the injuries. All six victims were taken to the hospital.
Authorities received multiple calls around 10 a.m. about an HVAC problem “inside the pool area at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center,” the press release said.
Several units have been sent to the scene, including the department’s Technical Rescue Team, “whose members specialize in collapsed structures” and ensure other firefighters have a safe environment to work in. work, the release added, “There are still dangers with the threat of falling debris and machinery.”
Fire officials said an estimated 50 to 100 guests were in the pool area at the time of the collapse.
Aurora Fire Chief Alec Oughon praised members of his agency for their response, saying they are “trained for this type of incident on a daily basis.”
“I am proud of their quick response and effectiveness in taking care of our community,” he said.
CNN has reached out to a spokesperson for the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center for comment.